13 April 2012

Since I started going to church, Wesley Methodist Church, I noticed that the dominating language at church is Xhosa and Sesotho.  I struggled with isiXhosa for a couple of weeks, but I'm understanding it bit by bit.

I even downloaded the Xhosa bible for my BB :), Xhosa is a beautiful language indeed.
This morning I opened my emails and read one email from Joel Osteen's Ministry (as per usual); the opening scripture is Matthew 7 verse 7


[ King James]:
"Ask, and it shall be given to you;
seek and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you"

[New Living Translation]:
"Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you"

[The isiXhosa bible says:]
"Celani, nophiwa; funani, nofumana; nkqonkqozani, novulelwa"

[Sesotho bible says:]
"Kopang, mme le tla newa;
batlang, mme le tla fumana;
kokotang, mme le tla bulelwa"

This scripture has blessed me for the day.
*kisses*

No comments:

Post a Comment